LOVE: Laura Mercier

Wednesday 25 June 2014



Beauty has always been a passion of mine so I am excited to be sharing this review of this cosmetic dynamic duo. With youtube as the most current and reliable back pocket resource to have, I made some recent cosmetic purchases that has a title as beauty bloggers holy grail products. Also, I've finally got my sparkly new camera which is very exciting but please bare with me whilst I navigate around the settings and editing functions.

Fellow beauty aficionados will be familiar with Laura Mercier Silk Creme Foundation and I can completely testify that is an absolute dream to wear. It is a lovely full coverage, non-cakey and matte velvet finish foundation and simply a pearl size amount covers my entire face. The positives of this product is it's thick consistency and how it reduces the appearance of my acne scarring as well as complexion redness. I'm in the shade Beige Ivory and RRP $59, David Jones

I was also told the miracles of a good primer and trialled MAC, Napolean Perdis and never found the perfect formula for my combination skin. Laura Mercier Foundation Primer is the champion of makeup bases. It has a sheer lightweight gel formula and smoothes over my complexion. I'm glad I was offered a sample pot size of the oil free primer and found it didn't suit my skin at all making my foundation slip with slight perspiration or oil production into unflattering droplets. However, this formula helps keep my makeup fresh and in place all day long without being to heavy and thick. RRP $45, David Jones

2 comments

  1. Yay for the new camera! These photos are lovely, it's already paying off. I'm still searching for the perfect primer, this Laura Mercier one has definitely piqued my interest!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words on my photography Emily! I'm sure the staff at the Laura Mercier counter could give you a sample to try the primer in order you buy the best one suited for your skin.

      Delete