Happy Holidays | ii

Thursday 12 December 2013



Please Santa....
1. Assorted canvas tote bags

Merry Christmas and welcome to Happy Holidays Part (ii), this second edition to the series will focus on exchanging gifts. This Christmas season is quite different for my family as we are breaking our tradition of traveling overseas. A typical Christmas morning is waking up in a foreign country and spending the day with family, exploring and participating in local community events. I have included a family holiday photo from our travels in Cambodia, this was taken in 2012 in Angkor Watt temple in where I hand fed elephants that my family rode around the ancient ruins. It was my ethical decision to refuse these giants chauffeur service because I respect their beautiful nature and didn't want to fuel the commercial exploitation of them. However, hanging out with these cuddly guys for an hour was a once in a lifetime experience and truly a priceless gift.

Here are a couple of items that I would love to receive but I trust my family's ability to purchase items they think I might like. I am a avid believer that gestures are more significant than buying consumer goods. This year I have been crafting up a storm, designing cross-stitch embroidery, making little Christmas tree ornaments and sewing buntings as gifts for my nearest and dearest. 


6 comments

  1. I love the picture with the elephant. And I want a bicycle too! Hope you have a wonderful day!

    Heidi’s Wanderings

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for your kind words lovely lady! Isn't that bike adorable? I can imagine the marvellous adventures I would have cycling about town on it.

      Merry Christmas!
      XO's P

      Delete
  2. This is such a nice wishlist, I spot a few things that I wouldn't mind receiving!

    Despite the fact that it is nice to give and receive consumer goods, I am also an avid believer in gestures too. I have a lot of home baked goodies planned to give away as gifts! I am sure your gifts will be wonderful

    xx Carina

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that there is nothing more special then receiving something hand made. If those images from your last post are anything to show, being gifted your baked cookies would be delightful.

      Merry Christmas!
      XO's P

      Delete
  3. ah, i too hope that one day i'll aford some aesop goodies!
    i would need the entire blog to post my wishlist, haha.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aesop is such a beautiful brand I love the facial range and would love to get some of their body care products. I would recommend any of their lines and visiting a nearby store to get samples and a 'prescribed' regime from a lovely sales assistant.

      Merry Christmas!
      XO's P

      Delete