Film | Mud

Wednesday 23 October 2013













My goodness, October has been such a busy month for me! My acedemic persuits have me bouncing from two campus' and studying around twenty hours a week whilst juggling a casaul job. Sometimes I need to pause and have a time-out, watching movies offers that respite. I recently watched Mud (2012) directed by Jeff Nichols it follows Ellis, just your average forteen year old boy living in Mississippi and the proceeding events after the discovery of a mysterous man on his island playground.

I love stories that follow that young adult 'coming-of-age' plot formula, however this film subverts some traditional ascepts whilst presenting a film that you just can't help to love. The cinematography in this film is outstanding and captures every imaginable detail of the town Arkansas needed to place yourself in the scene. There are some really fragile moments in this film and although I feel uncomfrotable with the portrayal of women I feel like the redemption of the film is in the fabulous acting and beautiful shots. If you're a fan of films like 'Stand By Me', even Huckleberry Finn or mystery dramas, please go see it.

Ta for reading,

No comments

Post a Comment