Bookmark | Kinokuniya haul

Sunday 19 January 2014

I'm a library girl through-and-through and consequently my personal book collection is quite small in comparison to what I've read. Kinokuniya is my favourite bookstore and if I was being entirely honest, challenges Disneyland as the 'happiest place on earth'. It is so grand the book paraphernalia is managed into departments such as Graphic Novels/Anime, Young Adult, Children, Fiction, Adult Fiction, Non-Fiction, etc. Each department has it's own iPad 'book finder' that navigates you to the book because the size of the entire book store it is quite easy to get lost. I visit Kinokuniya when I get the chance too, even if it's just to spend a few hours browsing the shelves. I can't wait to read the books I have picked out I always seem to find 'retail therapy' the best solution to a rough day.


I have been looking forward to reading The Diviners by Libba Bray for some time now. I am a fan of the authors and I believe her historical fiction stories are marvellous. This novel is set in 1920's America, following Evie and some strange fantastical elements around a murder. This edition of Lexicon by Max Barry is signed by the author and I find the description on Goodreads appealing. It is a YA fiction novel focussed on the power of language and the manipulation of behaviours. Allegiant by Veronica Roth is the third and final novel in the Divergent series, I would recommend reading the books before they hit the screen later this year. I've mentioned before how much I adore Neil Gaiman and his book The Ocean At The End Of The Lane was simply a purchased based on my admonition for him. This book won Goodread Choice 2013 For Fantasy and If you aren't familiar with the premise of the novel it's about a man returning to his childhood home and the stories he has missed. The Picture Of Dorian Grey by Oscar Wilde was simply a purchase based on how beautiful this hardback, clothbound Penguin Classic's edition looked on the shelf. I own and have read this novel before and found it absolutely enchanting. The Princess Bride by William Goldman was another guilty bookcover purchase. However, I remember enjoying the movie in my childhood and can't wait to return to this fictional world.






Kinokuniya Bookstore
Level 2, The Galeries
500 George Street, Sydney
(Opposite Town Hall & The Queen Victoria Building)
Enquries: 02 9262-7996
Online visitors welcome here

4 comments

  1. I love a good book haul! That hardbound copy of the Picture of Dorian Gray is gorgeous!

    I followed you on bloglovin'! hope you can follow me back :)
    rosyafternoons.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Book hauls are simply the best thing! I never quite feel as guilty as when I shop for books than clothes, makeup etc. I adore the clothbound Penguin Classics and immediately cradled it around in my arms for the duration of the visit.
      Thank you for your readership and the comment. I happy to check out your blog.

      XO's Paige

      Delete
  2. ah, i remember several years ago i used to wander around kinokuniya all the time, even when there were more bookstores open in sydney it was still the best one around, and of course it is now that borders has closed down. it's such a great shop i hope it can stick around because there's nothing else like it anymore.

    little henry lee

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Kinokuniya is heaven! It is such a shame to see the decline of bookstores, especially with how much value they have. I know where all my spare money will go to in order to keep Kinokuniya around!

      XO's Paige

      Delete